[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 17:09:35 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 18:02, I wrote:
> On 27/04/2019 17:52, Andy Townsend wrote:
>> On 27/04/2019 17:50, Philip Barnes wrote:
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dstile#Stile_details
>> 4000 of those:
>> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/stile#values
>> However also from that page I'm now wondering what "stile=hipster" (!) 
>> is?
> You can only go through it if you have a beard!
Serious answer... generating a map of them via the Overpass Turbo link 
shows that all the instances of them are in an area around Keighley. 
And, looking at them on Google street view, they appear to be squeeze 
stiles. For example:


So I'd hazard a guess that it's a local name for them in that neck of 
the woods.


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list