[Talk-GB] Rowmaps importing in South Gloucestershire

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 07:41:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm in agreement with Rob re:licensing. The good news is that lhe OS is now
fine with the OSM-compliant Open Government Licence (version 3), so if you
ask the council for an updated dataset they will be able to release the
data under the appropriate licence. [I was actually in the process of doing
this systematically for all the local authorities but haven't had much time
to continue that for a while (maybe over the winter...).]

Regarding the thornier issue of whether to import rights of way I think it
does add useful information and (providing the source is tagged) I don't
see that it hinders others efforts to map the physically existing route.
What, of course, we absolutely must avoid is overzealous contributors
'correcting' others' ground surveyed information by aligning routes to the
definitive line or changing access tags to match the dataset.

Kind regards,

Adam