[Talk-GB] TfL cycle data published

Martin - CycleStreets list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net
Fri Aug 9 17:31:27 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019, Martin - CycleStreets wrote:

> I've sent a follow-up e-mail to the OSMF Licensing Working Group, which
> compiles all the various statements from Transport for London, and
> includes various e-mails where these statements were originally made, so
> that the LWG will hopefully be able to give a clear judgement now.

I'm pleased to say that they have now given a judgement, as below. As you
can see, they've given a positive statement that the data as licensed *is*
permissible to use as a source for use in OpenStreetMap.

This decision will be reflected in their minutes which should be published
in due course at:
https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes#Licensing_Working_Group

I will shortly be circulating a proposed mapping of CID -> OSM attributes,
reflecting the published schema of the finalised version of the dataset,
for comment.