[Talk-GB] Disused or empty apartments prior to demolition

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:35:13 UTC 2019

My understanding?

If the feature is disused then place disused: in front of the existing tag;

so
building=apartments
becomes
disused:building=apartments

or
building=yes
becomes
disused:building=yes

Having both disused:building=* and disused:building=* is a conflict, it
is disused or not?

OSM does not map history, the past use of a building is not what 'we'
map. OSM does map what the building 'looks' like - apartments, church,
post office etc. Using the disused: tag does not change this, but adds
the information that it is presently disused.