[Talk-GB] Roundabouts one piece or segregated

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 23 22:00:36 UTC 2019

On 23/12/2019 18:28, David Woolley wrote:
> On 23/12/2019 18:15, Nick Allen wrote:
>> I may be missing something here, but
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/477263099 looks okay to me.
>>

> The OP was proposing that
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/477263099>,
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/757674481>, and
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/757543147 should be merged into a,
> single, closed loop.

Are you sure? If so, that's a definite: No from me. The bus routes go
through the bus lay-by/pick up point, not here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/757543147

As it stands,I believe this
way:https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/757674481/history can be merged
with the this way:https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/477263099

Slight aside: I disagree with contributor MacLondon's "role=forward to
cycle routes at roundabout" on the relation is required.  Being one way,
it doesn't need relation roles - direction can be ascertained from the
way itself.

BTW the bus lay-by /can/ be joined & should be tagged as one way
.
Cheers
DaveF