[Talk-GB] Dropped or lowered kerbs

paul.bivand at blueyonder.co.uk paul.bivand at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 21:02:59 UTC 2019

It may be over-mapping, but there is a point (especially when we have snow or
ice-covered pavements). Of course pavements and places non-motorists use are
unlikely to be gritted in this car-centric community.

The common-or-garden dropped kerb can be hazardous especially for people with
restricted mobility (like sticks).

So, absent local authorities putting in textured paving routinely, it might be
conceivable to think of an app that warned people of such dropped kerbs.

We could of course spend the next ten years mapping all of them and not get
halfway through.

Paul Bivand