[Talk-GB] Possible Unattributed Map on Labrokes Website

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:30:49 UTC 2019

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 at 09:43, Steve Pointer <spointer at humdai.net> wrote:
> >Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there anyone who can look at https://thegrid.ladbrokes.com/en/shoplocator to see if they are using OpenStreetmap data without proper attribution?
>
> In Firefox if you right click on the map -> This Frame -> Show only this frame
>
> .... then the map has OSM tag at the bottom.

Nice spot. The frame is showing
https://viewer.blipstar.com/map?uid=2470030&value=10&gui=true&type=nearest&width=auto&tag=&autolocate=true&search=NW1
. If you vary the width of the browser window it seems that the
attribution at the bottom disappears if it's narrower than some
critical value. Also, the attribution that is shown isn't technically
compliant -- see https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright . It appears
the map etc is being provided as a service by http://www.blipstar.com/
using a Mapbox map. I suspect it's one of those two that we really
need to convince to do better with the attribution. Did I remember
reading somewhere else that it was a known issue / bone of contention
that Mapbox were providing a service with unattributed or incorrectly
attributed maps to their clients?

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker