[Talk-GB] BT phoneboxes

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 16:47:34 UTC 2019

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 at 17:48, Brian Prangle <bprangle at gmail.com> wrote:

> BT are planning to remove thousands of phoneboxes, many of
> which we will have mapped.I understand that for every two they
> remove they will be installing one  InLink
>
> These street "pods" have free wifi, free calls, free device charging  and
> an information tablet: all financed by the inbuilt advertising screens.

There's some controversy about these InLink devices:

   https://www.adrianshort.org/posts/2019/bt-inlink-permitted-development/

and Adrian Short has compiled a list of related planning applications,
which may be useful for folk wanting to find examples to map:

   https://kiosks.adrianshort.org/

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing