[Talk-GB] drawing internal parts of buildings

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:07:56 UTC 2019

Hi dzidek

Your mapping looks lovely - thank you!

I can see it most easily if I open the Layers menu (button on the
right) and enable "Map Data". Looking at your tagging, I think it's
great

The main thing to remember is that what you see by default on
openstreetmap.org is only one way of rendering the data. The main
render clearly doesn't do anything to emphasise building-parts. But
your mapping looks good - please be assured, your efforts are not
wasted! - the improved detail gets used in routing applications, other
renderings, etc.

If you want the rendering to do something different, you could raise
an issue or even get involved in coding the main "openstreetmap-carto"
rendering style:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto

Best
Dan