[Talk-GB] Changing highway=ford to ford=yes.

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 5 20:49:49 UTC 2019

Hi
I'm about to do a GB wide edit changing highway=ford (545) to ford=yes
(4814). I know a few contributors like to get upset about wide area
edits, even when they been discussed, so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Please read https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=ford for the
reasons.

Yes, it has been discussed a couple of times on Tagging, & once on
OSM-carto when deciding on the icon to use.
That those discussions happened a few years ago, & you may not have been
involved, does not negate the reasons for the swap.

Cheers
DaveF