[Talk-GB] Changing highway=ford to ford=yes.

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Sun Jan 6 14:24:23 UTC 2019

>> the same time you're writing your message in a combative and
>> uncooperative tone that is increasing the likelihood of someone getting
>> upset!
>
> Well, yes, I suppose I am. I'm gradually becoming irritated by the
> increasing reluctance (verging on paranoia) to correcting erroneous
> data.

Well that depends on who decides it's erroneous?

 From this page:

  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct

"Note also that documentation of tagging on the Wiki is not the final
arbiter of 'correct' tagging."

Treating a ford as a single node strikes me as a bit daft when if you
zoom in on the map it clearly occupies a mappable area between the
various property boundaries and the entry and exit points on the highway.

We are instructed to "map what we see", and the fords in this area are
definitely bigger than a single point such as a lamp-post or postbox. Is
landuse=ford acceptable?

cheers,

Martin.