[Talk-GB] Changing highway=ford to ford=yes.

Michael Booth boothym at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:52:00 UTC 2019

Replying to this message as for some reason Dave's emails never come
through to my inbox.

I agree these should be updated to the new tag, but not simply with a
automated edit - it would be much better to check each individual
instance first before retagging.

I've just looked at some of the highway=ford nodes, and a number of them
could do fixing/improving other things as well. For example there's a
ford tag but the roads visible on bing haven't been added, with some the
road and waterway aren't connected, and on others there's a ford tag on
a road but no waterway running through it.

So let's get the tag updated but not as a find/replace exercise - do it
as a UK project, maproulette or whatever so that these other issues can
be fixed as well.