[Talk-GB] Changing highway=ford to ford=yes.

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 6 22:48:33 UTC 2019

On 06/01/2019 19:52, Michael Booth wrote:
> Replying to this message as for some reason Dave's emails never come
> through to my inbox.

> I agree these should be updated to the new tag, but not simply with a
> automated edit - it would be much better to check each individual
> instance first before retagging.
>
> I've just looked at some of the highway=ford nodes, and a number of
> them could do fixing/improving other things as well. For example
> there's a ford tag but the roads visible on bing haven't been added,
> with some the road and waterway aren't connected, and on others
> there's a ford tag on a road but no waterway running through it.
>
> So let's get the tag updated but not as a find/replace exercise - do
> it as a UK project, maproulette or whatever so that these other issues
> can be fixed as well.

Just to be clear to everybody, my proposed edit will not create or solve
any issues. It's a simple transference from one tag to another.

I fail to see how "other existing issues" make it a reason not to
perform the edit.

Indeed, performing the edit will make it *easier* to do what Michael
proposes as *all* fords will have the same tag. (And they'll be rendered
on the 'standard' map)

DaveF