[Talk-GB] Property extents

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Jan 9 12:37:11 UTC 2019

Here's one of Jerry's blog posts about the not-so-open Land Registry data:

https://sk53-osm.blogspot.com/2013/10/not-very-inspired-land-registry-open.html

and my post about testing using them:

https://chris-osm.blogspot.com/2013/10/land-registry-inspire-polygons.html

As Tom says, these datasets are not Open Data and we cannot use them as
a data source in OSM. I feel that the Open Government Licence should not
be used in this case as it isn't  Open.

On 09/01/2019 11:47, SK53 wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Both Chris Hill & I blogged about them at the time, but they NEVER had
> any semblance of being open data.
>
> The same proved to be true of the Land Registry Prices Paid which now
> can only be used if you are an estate agent.
>
> Owen has covered both on his Map Gubbins blog.
>
> Have to dash, so no time to find the links.
>
> Jerry
>
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 11:07, Andy Robinson <ajrlists at gmail.com
> <mailto:ajrlists at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     As a follow-up, has anyone looked at the OGL licenced INSPIRE Land
>     Registry index polygons?
>     https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/download-inspire-index-polygons
>
>     Data is in GML format.
>
>     Cheers