[Talk-GB] Mapping Mobility Stockport

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:17:27 UTC 2019

On 09/01/2019 18:11, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Seeking your input...

One thing that struck me when I had to start planning for getting from A
to B with someone on a mobility scooter or in a wheelchair was that the
"obvious" things (kerbs etc.) weren't the biggest issue - it was things
like the exact location of the shopmobility office (which level of the
car park and exactly where on that level?) and gates that weren't
mobility-scooter accessible not because they weren't wide enough but
because the angle you'd have to turn through was impossible (I've still
no idea how to map that).

I'd actually start by asking potential users in Stockport "so what do
you want to see on a map?".  I bet a whole pile of requests will come in
that aren't covered by any OSM map.

With regard to "what shows this"
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wheelchair#Rendering (which
you've probably already looked at) has a couple of suggestions.  I'm
sure that there are others though, even features of non-"accessibility
sprecific" renderings such as the "shopmobility parsing" that I added to
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=20&lat=53.4955228&lon=-2.514984
when I found it personally useful.

Best Regards,

Andy