[Talk-GB] Lees Footpath mapping: results

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:17:18 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I think we had a successful day last Saturday. I've added various snippets
on the wiki page of what was surveyed and what has got into OSM
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nottingham/Mapping_Meetup/New_Year_2019#What_got_mapped>
so far:

If you look at Map the Paths
<http://www.mapthepaths.org.uk/?lat=52.9060257176943&lon=-1.6174528093340328&zoom=0>,
there is still a big patch of virgin territory to the immediate W of the
area we focused on this time. I think I'm right is saying that this is the
largest patch of unmapped footpaths near the big cities of the East
Midlands.

I may suggest another day perhaps in March. There is a pub in Long Lane
which is a bit closer as a meeting point, and maybe The Ostrich is still
open too. A couple of people asked about public transport, but I'm afraid
the area has next to no bus service which is probably one reason it hasn't
been explored by OSMers. However, lifts can be arranged from Derby station
(and possibly others) from one of the regular participants.

Regards,

Jerry