[Talk-GB] I have a philosophical question...

BD dzidek23 at tlen.pl
Sun Jan 13 23:09:43 UTC 2019

Hi All,   I do make my little contribution to the effort of OSM. Recently I added some data to Mapillary and consider adding more (for the use of other mappers).   After reading someone's OSM profile I started to think and now have some doubts... We (mappers) are concentrating on various areas of the map. Some are dedicated to buildings, some to geographical features others add businesses etc. Can someone explain what is the aim of OSM, are we trying to build a map better than Bing and Google (in towns and cities) or are we planning to create a useful tool for tourists (with paths, places of interests)?   What is the aim of OSM, what should we concentrate on?   Should we map roads for sat-nav  or buildings for urban area accuracy? Paths and tourists attractions or schools and electric cars charging points?   many thanks,  dzidek23