[Talk-GB] Property extents

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Tue Jan 15 12:00:00 UTC 2019

On 14/01/2019 18:14, Andy Robinson wrote:
> All seems rather fishy to me Martin ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Andy

Hi Andy,

It is certainly fishy, and also very puzzling. It's clearly not an error
in the mapping, the small areas 1E and 1H have been carefully measured
and specifically numbered (1H is only 10 square metres).

Given that they are part of the public highway, it's puzzling why the
Environment Agency feels the need to compulsorily acquire the rights to
pass and repass over them? And what about the rest of us? Is it usual
for small areas of tarmac in the public highway to be privately owned?
Should I give thanks every time I pass that way that the owners have not
erected toll booths on each side?

And what about the other half of the road? Who has the rights to use
that bit? It's a narrow country lane, it is barely possible to use it in
a vehicle without using both sides of it. But now that I know, I shall
certainly do my best to avoid trespassing on the private property half.

Here's the Google Streetview:

  https://goo.gl/maps/uoJzoo5uf4B2

cheers,

Martin.