[Talk-GB] Tagging one way at certain times of day

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 14:02:24 UTC 2019

Hi All,

My attention has been drawn (by a local authority colleague) to a street in Tunbridge Wells, Grosvenor Road (https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/35929327). This is a bi-directional road that has timed restrictions heading north between 9am and 8pm, with buses allowed to head north up it at all times. Traffic can head south at all times.

The tagging on it is currently:

abutters=retail,
highway=tertiary
maxspeed=20 mph
motor_vehicle:conditional=no @ (09:00-18:00)
name=Grosvenor Road
oneway=yes
psv=yes
source=sign

to which I have just added oneway:psv=no because “psv=yes” doesn’t override the oneway tag, only the access tag.

But the question is, is this correct tagging for the road? I don’t think that it is, because I take the combination of access, oneway, and conditional to mean that this is a oneway street, always, but that motor vehicles are prevented from using it IN EITHER DIRECTION between the hours of 9am and 6pm.

Assuming that I’m right, how SHOULD this be tagged, to achieve the desired aim? Or am I wrong?

Regards,
Stuart