[Talk-GB] Tagging post towns and other addressing issues in the UK

Will Phillips wp4587 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:00:24 UTC 2019

Sorry for misquoting! I've got no idea how I managed to do that.

Regarding Registered Companies data, there's a great deal of variation
in the formatting of the addresses included, as well as plenty of
misspellings, so my impression is most of the addresses are unvalidated.
I suspect validation has started quite recently.

I take on board that there are strong feelings regarding post towns. I
slightly regret mentioning it now, because I considered the more
important point of my original message to be the need for an agreed tag
for adding localities. Some mappers do seem to want to add both locality
and city details and it would be good to have a more agreed way to do
this, which doesn't use addr:place.

Cheers,
Will