[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 4 15:11:26 UTC 2019

Please, please don't use public_transport=platform unless you're
actually mapping an actual, physical, raised object, similar to railway
platforms.

'platform' has been misappropriated from the physical railway=platform
by those who developed the PT schema to mean an arbitrary area of
pavement that's somewhere, roughly near where a bus stops. In OSM we map
*physical* objects only.

It has now been regressed one stage further, being superfluously added
to highway=bus_stop nodes. So much of the PT schema is just duplicating
valid, existing data which leads to confusion & errors. It is a waste of
time & effort.

------

if you're adding the bus stop & your source is naptan how can
naptan:verified=no?

DaveF