[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 16:03:16 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 4:40 PM Martin Wynne <martin at templot.com> wrote:

> In rural areas there are many places where buses are timetabled to stop
> but where there is nothing physical -- no signpost or shelter.
>
> Are these highway=bus_stop in OSM?
>
> The wiki for highway says "Can be mapped more rigorously using
> public_transport=stop_position for the position where the vehicle stops
> and public_transport=platform for the place where passengers wait.

I believe such stops would just be mapped with stop positions. However, I
don't intend to import them currently as I'd need to look into that more
in-depth (and want to keep things simple for now). Just getting the
physical stops imported seems like a good first step which would have the
most significant improvement on available data in OSM.