[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Gareth L o.i at live.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 09:27:34 UTC 2019

I’m certain I’ve seen “text this bus stop code to see next departures” use the naptan code. Whether or not that service is still live, I dunno.

On 5 Jul 2019, at 10:17, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com<mailto:matkoniecz at tutanota.com>> wrote:

5 Jul 2019, 09:04 by silentspike100 at gmail.com<mailto:silentspike100 at gmail.com>:

     *   `naptan:AtcoCode=*` [Imported]
     *   `naptan:NaptanCode=*` [Imported]

I reformatted
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:naptan:AtcoCode
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:naptan:NaptanCode
(added templates making them machine readable, descriptions will appear
for example at Taginfo)

Is it useful to use both? What is the difference between them?
Is NaptanCode actually used as planned ("referring to the stop in public facing systems")?

Alternatively, if you support the proposal then it's also useful to know 😊

It may help to include example (of full) .osm data file to make easy for mappers
to judge data quality in their area.