[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Gareth L o.i at live.co.uk
Fri Jul 5 12:02:19 UTC 2019

Forgive me if this is silly question/statement, but the adj/alt names etc are in the naptan dataset. Wouldn’t it be better to have the link made between the stop in OSM and the record in naptan (using the codes prior mentioned).
My thinking is data consumers could link and retrieve values using that. Merging the extra data values again might potentially develop discrepancies over time.

I’d think the atco code is unique and (hopefully) not reused, but the alt names etc could be modified over time.

Gareth