[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Fri Jul 5 12:50:21 UTC 2019

If you wanted to conflate indicator and common name into the OSM “name” field, then I can provide a list of what we call “prefix indicators” as opposed to “suffix indicators”. It’s fairly self-explanatory, as prefix indicators are generally those that are positional e.g. o/s, opp, adj, nr etc. For example, Stuart Close / opp -> “opp Stuart Close", whereas the suffix ones are not e.g. Bus Station / Bay 8 -> "Bus Station (Bay 8)”

Regards,
Stuart Reynolds
for traveline south east and anglia