[Talk-GB] Ground truth v legal truth

Lester Caine lester at lsces.uk
Fri Jul 19 14:35:41 UTC 2019

On 19/07/2019 15:14, David Woolley wrote:
> The logical consequence of ignoring the official classification if it is
> not signposted, is that you cannot map tertiary, because with, very rare
> exceptions, they are not signposted and you can only distinguish them
> from residential by using the official sources, or by personal judgements.

Certainly the key tertiary roads around this area ARE easy to identify
on the ground and while small sections could be tagged residential or
service the majority of the roads are clear 60MPH routes in open
countryside and are essential 'primary' routes to get from A to B
without long diversions through M,A & B roads many of which have a 40MPH
speed limit! As I said ... this is not a case of tagging for the
routers, but simply identifying the facts on the ground which often are
clear. These roads to not have primary route reference numbers ... but
they are a key part of vehicle routing.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL