[Talk-GB] Automated Code-Point Open postcode editing (simple cases only)

Lester Caine lester at lsces.uk
Fri Jul 19 14:42:06 UTC 2019

On 19/07/2019 15:15, Andrzej wrote:
> Do others agree with it or would you rather have more postcodes in database first and work on accuracy and completeness afterwards?

Andrez ... while the code-point table does provide a list against which
missing post codes can be identified, the key piece of information that
is needed is to add a road name to the post code, and that is not
something that is easy to establish currently.

If we all simply add address data to places we visit the gaps would fill
up quite quickly but I'm guilty of not doing that. I've a list of
postcode I have been looking up on OASAnd and not finding which I need
to actually put in!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL