[Talk-GB] Gates open/closed by default

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:28:31 UTC 2019

On 26/07/19 21:06, Colin Smale wrote:

> I guess what we are trying to get out of this, is:
>
> a) as a router, can i feel free to route "Joe Public" through here?

If the gate is open - yes.
If the gate is closed and unlocked - yes.
If the gate is closed and locked - no.

I would expect an access tag would be used if 'Joe' were not allowed or
inhibited is some way e.g opening_hours, max_height.

> b) as a router, how much time penalty should i factor in for passing
> this gate?

Depends. In Australia the gate would be an extension of a fence line.
Fence lines are where animals tend to run at speed and collide with
vehicles.
Even if open I tend to slow, if there is plant cover obscuring the
view10 mph or less, even then I have had a roo collide with the side of
my vehicle. I stopped, it took off and failed to render details... hit
and run.

If closed and fastened I have spent a good 10 minutes figuring out how
to open then close the thing! Most are a minute, but ..
The more difficult one can be seen as an intelligence test, if you pass
the test you can enter :)

> Anything else?

Good luck.