[Talk-GB] NaPTAN/Lancashire import

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:08:50 UTC 2019

No objections from me obviously!

I like that you included handling for records marked as deleted in NaPTAN.
Not something I considered until it was brought up after my import.

It might be worth mentioning handling for stops present in NaPTAN which no
longer exist. I've been following the original import surveying advice (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Surveying_and_Merging_NaPTAN_and_OSM_data)
to remove the bus stop tags and add `physically_present=no` (example
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/72305337). It makes sense to me to
do this rather than delete the nodes so that if re-imports take place they
can be matched and the stops won't be accidentally re-added if they're
still not updated in NaPTAN.

Along those lines, you may want to update the overpass conflation query to
include such features:

> [out:xml][timeout:25][bbox:{{bbox}}]; (
> node["public_transport"="platform"]; node["highway"="bus_stop"];
> node["naptan:AtcoCode"]; ); (._;>;); out meta;

 We could perhaps update much of the wiki pages to reflect that they are
historical from the original import and establish a new page for best
practises dealing with NaPTAN data in OSM.