[Talk-GB] NaPTAN/Lancashire import

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Fri Jul 26 17:01:53 UTC 2019

On 26 July 2019 13:35:30 BST, Tony Shield <tony.shield999 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Following on from SilentSpike's import of NaPTAN/Aberdeen I am planning
>
>to perform a similar import for Lancashire.
>
>I've created a wiki page
>https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Lancashire which I have
>coped
>from SilentSpike Aberdeen and changed the areas, also slightly altered
>the process to use csv files.
>
>I have performed several dry runs, there are approx 8,000 bus stops in
>Lancashire with about 4400 reported by overpass-turbo.
>
>Importing on a town by town basis is the plan.
>
>Comments please.
>
>Tony Shield
>
>TonyS999

If you find any NaPTAN data that doesn't match the real stops I suggest you drop an email to the council transport team. It might help them improve the next pass of data. I did that with both Hull and East Yorks when they were imported originally about 10 years ago. After some skepticism they did use my info.
--
Chris Hill
( OSM: chillly)