[Talk-GB] Valuation Office Agency council tax data (was postcode mapping (was Re: Automated Code-Point Open postcode editing (simple cases only))

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Jul 30 14:33:04 UTC 2019

On 30/07/2019 15:12, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> What about the Valuation Office Agency council tax data?
> http://cti.voa.gov.uk/cti/inits.asp
>
> I found this recently, and it allows you to lookup from a postcode to
> the individual addresses (presumably in their standard recognised
> form). I've not used the data, although I'd love to because it is so
> good.

Anything giving standard form is going to be a derivative of PAF and/or
UPRN databases.

The argument for the food safety data is the addresses are as provided
by the business.  The reason you can't use Land Registry information is
that the addresses have been validated.

I suspect the Post Office might challenge even the food safety data if
OSM postcode coverages started to seriously compete.