[Talk-GB] Solar panels quarterly project progress

Gregory Williams gregory at gregorywilliams.me.uk
Wed Jul 31 07:14:55 UTC 2019

Last night I updated my solar mapping comparison tool to include coverage of Scotland. Unfortunately it had only covered England and Wales up until now because my comparison with the FiT register data was performed at the LSOA level. For Scotland, the comparison is being performed just at the local authority level. The tool is here:

http://osm.gregorywilliams.me.uk/solar/index.html<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/738C3486-39B3-4D57-83CD-50E6AE3EE8D4@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fosm.gregorywilliams.me.uk%2Fsolar%2Findex.html&recipient=dGFsay1nYkBvcGVuc3RyZWV0bWFwLm9yZw%3D%3D>
Some other recent additions that I've made to the tool are:

  *
A "Last updated" column -- showing the date of the last addition / change to a solar panel object here;
  *
A "FiT" layer, showing the relative number of PV installations that the FiT register has for this area, regardless of whether we've mapped them yet in OSM. I.e. a way to seek out where installations are situated, such that a survey can be planned;
  *
An "OSM objects" layer, that shows the location of each OSM-mapped PV installation, to help keep track of progress in systematically surveying for PV installations.

I'm hoping to find time to add further functionality over the coming weeks.

Gregory

Sent from Mailspring<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/738C3486-39B3-4D57-83CD-50E6AE3EE8D4@getmailspring.com/1?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=dGFsay1nYkBvcGVuc3RyZWV0bWFwLm9yZw%3D%3D>, the best free email app for work