[Talk-GB] How to Fix a "Fix-Me"

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 17:42:25 UTC 2019

If this is not the correct place / route to seek assistance with this issue, please advise me where to go.
I see that, on a new housing estate near me, there are a number of "Fix Me" tags on highway=residential, which I would like to fix.

The tags all say, "noexit? turning_circle? stub?"
These are all streets that link to only one other highway, mostly highway=tertiary (i.e. they are cul de sacs / dead ends).
Where the highway=residential is mapped as a single line, I can see that it would be sensible to mark whether there is a turning circle, or turning loop, at the end and, if there is no exit by vehicle, bicycle, or on foot, to mark it as "noexit".
However, where there is a turning loop, which is already mapped as a looped highway, I don't understand what the "FixMe" is asking for.  See, for example https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5111774622
Acording to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dturning_loop,
"Draw a closed highway=* way around the traffic island and connect it to the main road, giving it the same name. If traffic is required to flow in a particular direction around the traffic island, add oneway=yes. This method is preferred for large turning circles, because navigation applications decide whether the user is on- or off-route based on their distance from the roadway. This method also makes it possible to accurately map features inside the loop, such as parking spaces, trees, or a flagpole.If a turning loop has been mapped as a way, do not remap it as a simple node, as that would remove detail from the map."
Are these "FixMe"s generated automatically?  Can I just delete the "FixMe" in these cases?
I would be grateful for any advice.
Peter