[Talk-GB] road relations

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 1 11:06:18 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-01 12:34, Gareth L wrote:

> I was about to say, relations of this manner seem duplicitous of simply having an address.

 Using only the street name to link objects is unreliable. A street can
be divided into multiple segments. Think of a residential side-road with
the same name as the road it branches from. A house on the corner may be
part of (i.e. front gate leads to) the main road, or may be part of the
side road. The location of the front door (entrance=main on building
outline?) is also unreliable. Only the route of the front path would
give you the answer.

C.