[Talk-GB] TfL Cycling Infrastructure Database

Martin Lucas-Smith - CycleStreets list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net
Mon Jun 10 22:13:03 UTC 2019

The demonstrator map showing this data from TfL now has an extensive set of
filters for each feature type:

https://tflcid.cyclestreets.net/

E.g. for cycle lane/track, you can now filter for segregated, shared,
prority at sideroads, full/part time, mandatory, stepped track, etc.

These filters match the schema definition at:
https://tflcid.cyclestreets.net/TfL_CID_Schema.pdf

There are also a lot more images loaded now.

My general impression is that the data does seem very accurate. I would
welcome more eyes on this, and thoughts generally on the use of this data
in OSM. Hopefully the filtering will make this easier to find various kinds
of infrastructure.

I am about to circulate a suggested mapping of the TfL data to OSM
equivalents, where equivalent tags exist, for comments.

NB The new filtering controls have a couple of URL persistency bugs - I'll
mop these up shortly. So please be aware of this if sending a link.

Martin,                     **  CycleStreets - For Cyclists, By Cyclists
Developer, CycleStreets     **  https://www.cyclestreets.net/