[Talk-GB] Adjacent nature reserves

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Thu Jun 27 12:11:52 UTC 2019

> seen this done in various places, but I've never understood the point
> it. The two representations are identical in terms of the data, but
> the latter requires 2.5 times as many objects and is much more of a
> pain to work with in the editors.

This happens a lot in my area. Huge areas of "farmland" have been
created as massive multipolygons, which are too big to fit in the iD
editor, and include ways shared with other areas such as equally large
multipolygon woods. It's a pain to split them up without damaging them
where they include areas which should be mapped as meadow, orchard,
scrub, etc., which I much prefer to map as separate closed field areas,
sometimes with their own name.

Likewise several woods are mapped as a single large multipolygon wood
where in fact they are several separate woods each with a *name*. How
can I apply names to parts of a multipolygon?

cheers,

Martin.