[Talk-GB] Bridleway or track?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 3 19:29:37 UTC 2019

I use evidence on the ground - is it wide enough for any type of four
wheel vehicle & are there signs of wheel tracks.

I would disagree that bridleways only wide enough for a horse are rare.

If a track is designated as a public_bridleway by signage or definitive
statement then there is right of access even if privately owned.

AFAIA a cart (or "a vehicle which is not mechanically propelled") the
designation has to be a restricted_byway (or higher)

I would tag your example as a track.

Overpass in the UK returns:
bridleway/public_bridleway = 15495
track/public_bridleway = 9973

Please remember there are more renderings than just the 'standard' one
on the main page.