[Talk-GB] Marking closed businesses

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Thu Mar 7 09:47:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

Near where I am are some mapped businesses properties which have closed,
primarily shops, but also a couple of restaurants.

I'm far from an OSM expert, and my gentle trawl of the wiki hasn't given me
any real insight. It's got me thinking, and I'd like to improve information
about properties in my area. How can I identify that:

a) A building holds a functioning business (that isn't a shop or restaurant)
b) A building holds a functioning shop
c) A building holds a functioning restaurant
d) A building is a former business property (ceased trading/closed/moved)
with no new business taking it's spot

As a side note, I've been using Street Complete on Android. Is it worth
asking the Street Complete developers to add information about businesses
to their collection data, if they aren't already?
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs
@jontheniceguy everywhere...