[Talk-GB] Tagging of Argos stores

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Mar 10 15:10:35 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-03-10 at 14:58 +0000, Donald Noble wrote:
> I noticed recently that an Argos[1] counter has opened inside the
> large Sainsbury's supermarket at Murrayfield, but I am not sure how
> best to tag this.
> I had a quick look, and Argos stores in the UK seem to be tagged in
> multiple ways, but I am not skilled enough with Overpass to check how
> many of each:
> shop=catalogueshop=department_storeshop=general_retailer
> shop=generalshop=supermarketshop=yesetc.
>
> I suspect shop=catalogue is probably the best option for a normal
> Argos store, but just wondering:
> a) if anything special is needed when it is just a counter in another
> store (given that this is pretty much all there is own the other
> shops,
> b) if there is any consensus on how to tag these, and
> c) if so, whether these should be standardised across the UK?
>

> [1] https://www.argos.co.uk

Hi Donald
I tend to go with shop=catalogue, it certainly doesn't fit my idea of a
department store (that is Harrods, Debenhams, Grace Brothers....) and
it doesn't sell food.

When this or other things, such as post offices, are inside somewhere
else I map them as a node within the larger area. I do try to get them
in the roughly the right place.

HTH

Phil (trigpoint)