[Talk-GB] Survey date

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Sun Mar 10 22:02:06 UTC 2019

On 10/03/2019 21:33, Edward Catmur wrote:
> Changesets have a timestamp attached (the time when you hit upload in the
> editor, I guess), so the community (other mappers and data consumers) can
> usually assume that the survey date is more or less the same as the
> changeset timestamp.

Thanks. But a changeset could contain several dozen different items, not
all of which have been surveyed at the same time, or even surveyed at all.

For example I might add a footbridge over a stream. The footbridge would
have been freshly surveyed, but the course of the stream I would most
likely trace from OS OpenData StreetView in the iD editor.

My thought was to add the physical date to each separate item, the date
I crossed or photographed the bridge or whatever, regardless of when I
added it to OSM. It might be only a day or two later, or it might be a
few months later.

cheers,

Martin.