[Talk-GB] Bridleway or track?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 00:09:37 UTC 2019

Path and footway are the same .. to me. When I first joined OSM I was
told they had different default permissions to allow UK people to do a
short way of tagging those permissions, true or false I don't know.
Seemed like a nasty way of doing it to me. In Australia .. the view was
taken - country side = path, city = footway. Still nasty.

I disagree that path is being 'actively discouraged'. If it were then
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dpath would be marked
'depreciated'.