[Talk-GB] Bridleway or track?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 15 18:24:40 UTC 2019

 From the footnote of that table:
"The United Kingdom Tagging Guidelines
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Tagging_Guidelines>
state that highway=path, when used it the UK, implies "a generic narrow
path that is used in conjunction with access tags". This makes the
default "yes" assumption dubious."

What does foot=yes mean?
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Path_examples
Some wiki pages say it's 'legal right' another says "A urban path
without any legal status suitable for walking."

This is a reason why I take much of the wiki with a pinch of salt.
'foot=yes' should be used in combination with the access tag (usually
when it's  set to 'no' or 'private') not as a stand alone sub tag (ie
highway=footway;foot=yes).

Are there any data users who use 'highway=footway;foot=yes' to
distinguish from other footways?

DaveF