[Talk-GB] Bridleway or track?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 20:12:40 UTC 2019

On 15/03/2019 19:21, Martin Wynne wrote:

> To my mind:
>
> highway=footway means a narrow smooth physical object capable of being
> walked along in safety.

It's entirely reasonable to think "to my mind X means ..." but when
tagging thing in OSM it makes sense to try and match the approach of
more people - in OSM, the usage of highway=footway is much wider than
your definition.

> But I'm sure someone will disagree, and the wiki is no help in
> deciding the matter. :)

Indeed - rather than what the last person to edit the wiki wrote, I'd
try and follow global and local tagging norms.  This doesn't mean that
there aren't excellent wiki pages that people have taken great care of -
just that there are some that don't live up to that (and some that
actually contradict each other).

Best Regards,

Andy