[Talk-GB] Bridleway or track?

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Fri Mar 15 20:30:11 UTC 2019

Thanks Andy. But you also wrote recently:

 >  just pick whatever seems most appropriate to you. You've been there,
other people haven't

I've looked again at

  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dfootway

and I'm a bit puzzled which usage of footway is wider than my definition?

It all comes back to my previous question -- is highway= intended to
*describe* the feature, or indicate its legal status, or record its
actual usage? That could be three different things.

When I started mapping it was impressed upon me the importance of
mapping what you see, what is actually on the ground. But as far as
highways are concerned, and the highway overlay on most renderings, that
seems not to be the case.

cheers,

Martin.