[Talk-GB] Common Land has stopped rendering

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Mar 16 13:04:55 UTC 2019

On 16/03/2019 12:54, Edward Catmur via Talk-GB wrote:
> Perhaps leisure=park, park=common?

I think any use of common for such a feature fails to understand the
historical and political context of commons (one still referenced by the
Creative Commons licenses).

"Common" was about ownership rather than about being a type of landuse.

Incidentally, most "public" parks actually have permissive access, not
public access.  I'm not sure if a real common would have public access,
or whether it would be restricted to the local community.  (Creative
Commons generalisation to intellectual property assumes public access.)