[Talk-GB] Common Land has stopped rendering

Edward Catmur ecatmur at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 16 13:12:27 UTC 2019

We map what is, not what was. The historical context is interesting but is
largely irrelevant for deciding what is and is not a common in current UK
context.

You're correct to bring up access, though. To me the simplest rule of thumb
is that a park is fenced, allowing the authorities to control access, while
a common is unfenced allowing anyone to access it at any time.