[Talk-GB] Measuring building height

Neil Matthews ndmatthews at plus.net
Tue Mar 19 20:51:14 UTC 2019

So, I just tried this and I think it has a reasonable chance of giving a
reasonable result.

Take a photo of a car outside the building. Measure number of pixels for
the car and number of pixels for the building and the height can be
approximated by:

    building_pixels / car_pixels * car_height_in_m

I reckon an average of 1.5m might be reasonable for the car height --
otherwise use something more detailed:
https://www.automobiledimension.com/ford-car-dimensions.html

Obviously, the further the car is from the building the less accurate
the measurement will be.

Cheers,

Neil