[Talk-GB] State of the Map 2019, Heidelberg 21-23 Sept

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Mar 29 14:36:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 17:03 +0000, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Have you considered going to State of the Map 2019 in Heidelberg?
> https://2019.stateofthemap.org/
> Assuming that we are still allowed to travel to Europe, you could
> currently get a return flight from Gatwick to Stuttgart for £75 and a
> Stuttgart-Heidelberg train for around £36 return.
>
> It would be great to have some more UK presentations too
> https://2019.stateofthemap.org/calls/general/

Another option

I received an email from Interail saying that they are offering 10% off
passes if bought before 9th April, to start within 11 months.

I have also spotted that they now offer a 3 days within a month pass
which at £171 looks like a good deal when considering that it allows
unreserved travel on peak trains into and out of London/channel port.
With maybe an option to explore another city.

Eurostar reservation is £30 and a reservation of the Brussels to
Frankfurt ICE is €6 although it could be fun to travel on slower
reservation free services.

Last year I used a 5 day Interail to travel to SOTM Milan and had a
fantastic trip home.

Phil (trigpoint)