[Talk-GB] Tools to support solar panel mapping?

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu May 23 22:03:40 UTC 2019

> we don't have any official ID numbers for the items-to-map

I'm almost certain I have pointed it out here already, but in case not: any
solar PV installation which is receiving a subsidy will be registered and
will therefore have an ID. Larger installations are installed in the
Renewable Obligations register. Smaller sites are in the Feed In Tariff
register.

The FiT register can be downloaded (in 3 parts) from:
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/feed-tariff-installation-report-31-march-2019

The RO register can be obtained from the following site. You need to click
"view public reports", then "Accredited Stations", Next set the page size
to 25 and view the report. Once loaded you can then click the export drop
down (the save icon/floppy disk) and export the full register to a CSV.
https://www.renewablesandchp.ofgem.gov.uk/

P.S. this is good for almost all sites built up to now. Going forward then
other sources will need to be found* as the subsidy schemes have come to an
end.

* there are none.

Best regards,
*Rob*