[Talk-GB] OSM Community Index

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 18:45:56 UTC 2019

I noticed that after editing something in iD that it gives you a number of
suggestions as to how you might join in with the community. Got me to
wondering where that information came from. Well, it is in the
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Community_Index (I just created
this wiki page about it..which is why the formatting isn't great) and it
can be updated by mere mortals. In fact, this mere mortal did so and
updated the UK details which have just gone live with the new release of iD.

See also https://openstreetmap.community for a visualisation.

If you think it should say something else/additional/differently then you
could either edit the source  and issue a pull request and/or create an
issue.

if you want to discuss this amongst ourselves first, then it could be done
on the OSMUK fork https://github.com/osm-uk/

- Jez